Osteopathy is a physical therapy that treats musculoskeletal and other related problems with spinal manipulation,joint mobilisation and deep tissue massage. Osteopaths provide a holistic hands-on approach to health care.
Osteopathy is based on the principle that physical well-being depends on the skeleton,muscles,ligaments and connective tissues functioning smoothly together.If they are out of balance problems and pain may result. It is a complete system of medical care founded on the philosophy of treating the whole person.Its suitable for all the family both young and old and from all walks of life.
Osteopaths use a wide range of techniques to treat musculoskeletal and other problems so as to restore the body’s structure and function to a state of harmony.
- Joint Mobilisations and Articulations – passive movements to restore joint mobility.
- Joint Manipulation – a thrust to release or unlock a misaligned joint.
- Muscle Energy Technique [MET] – a manual therapy directed at improving muscle and skeletal function or joint function, and improving pain.
- Trigger Point Therapy – deep inhibitory pressure to release painful points in the muscle tissue.
- Functional Technique – moving joints or whole structures to a position of ease or balance.
- Harmonic Technique – is a passive form of mobilisation that can be applied specifically to different joints and tissues.
- Visceral Technique – focus on treating organ problems that may be causing or referring pain to other parts of the body.
- Neuromuscular Technique – deep massage.
- Laser – Infra red laser light that helps the body to regenerate, re-balance and thereby heal itself.
- Exercise regime – strength and stretch exercise instruction specific to condition.